Re: [ga] Gross Deletes -- A New Record

  • To: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Gross Deletes -- A New Record
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:38:34 -0700
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, GNSO/DNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bashar, Danny and all,

  I also agree with Danny's remarks.  It seems clear the GNSO
council should have made at least a recommendation that the
ICANN staff take action on this matter of abuse.  It however may
be that another class action legal filing is what is needed a la
RegistryFly by those that have been the recipient of these
sorts of abuse.  However to me anyway, that seems rather
drastic...

Bashar Al-Abdulhadi wrote:

>    couldn't agree more Danny.
>

> maybe registries should set a certain % of deletion volume compared to
>
> registration volume.
>

> Danny Younger wrote:
>
> > The monthly Registry reports for December 2006 have
> > been posted.  41,091,749 Gross Deletes during the
> > month for .com and .net; 2,104,412 for .org
> > http://www.icann.org/tlds/monthly-reports/
> >
> > The abuse of the 5-day add grace period gets worse by
> > the moment and the GNSO Council still hasn't acted to
> > take up the issue.  I guess they're just too busy...

> > Be a PS3 game guru.
> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at
> Yahoo! Games.
> > http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827