Re: [ga] keeping expired domains by a registrar

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bashar Al-Abdulhadi" <bashar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] keeping expired domains by a registrar
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:23:44 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do think it's a relevant question though. If registrars are putting things into place that are designed to allow them to profit from the traffic built up on the domain and that becomes the more lucrative side of their business, then they will change more rules so that they can grab more domain names.

Always been a proponent of having domain names drop directly back into the pool and that registrars not also be in the domain tasting business.