Re: [ga] 1 year or 6 months

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] 1 year or 6 months
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:00:39 +1300
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 07:32 a.m. 16/03/2007, Hugh Dierker wrote:
Just to make it a one point post and for clarity.

I would suggest and back the 6 month term for reasons stated.

However I would join a majority if they want a 1 year - I suppose if it was too much the chair could notify and resign. I just know that first 6 months is going to be rough and tumble.

For continuity, to prevent a floundering after 6 months, it would be a good idea if the vice chair (who would have a background role for most of the 6 months) has 1 month more; then he has the authority to oversee fresh elections under ratified rules.

Again, are there any Board members or Names council members here who have the courage to utter support for a GA Chair election?

-joop-
www.pollingbooth.info