[ga] Re: GoDaddy Bobbles DST Changeover? GoDaddy double talk again?

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: GoDaddy Bobbles DST Changeover? GoDaddy double talk again?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:17:19 -0800
  • Cc: Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "John M.R. Kneuer" <jkneuer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Paula Bruening <pbruening@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim and all,

  Well Tim, I can appreciate Mr. Warner response and opinion in
his i.e. GoDaddy's "official" statement.  However it lacks confirmation
from a non interested party as well as specifics.  So I will reserve
judgment pending both independent verification and raw data regarding
the now claim of this incident being the "All covering" DDOS attack
scenario simply because we now have three different stories, two of
which
are coming from GoDaddy and one of which is from an independent
source, any of all of which may or may not be accurate.

  From the original customer reports, it is difficult to believe after
the fact, any explanation that is contrary by GoDaddy, to them,
without independent verification.  Ergo I am still sticking with
the subject line ?, "GoDaddy double talk again?"  Therefore
if I were a current customer of GoDaddy that experienced
any disruption in service, I would be filing in small claims
court for damages if GoDaddy did not offer same in advance
immediately and sending DOC/NTIA a nasty gram describing
my discontent ect...

  Frankly, Registrars and ICANN's "Accreditation" of same given
recent and devastating events, i.e. RegistryFly have little credibility
with registrants.

  In and and all events, remember the customer ( in this case,
registrants )
is ALWAYS right, even if he or she is actually wrong or mistaken.  So
FIX the problem regardless of what it is, DST Changeover, DDOS
attacks or PR.

Tim Ruiz wrote:

> Jeff, The intermittent service disruptions we experienced Sunday
> morning were due to DDOS attacks and had nothing to do with the switch
> to DST. Please see the statement of Neil Warner, our Chief Information
> Security
> Officer: http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/03/12/HNgodaddydos_1.html Best
> regards,
> Tim Ruiz
> Vice President
> Corp. Development & Policy
> The Go Daddy Group, Inc.
> tim@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only
> by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged
> and/or confidential information. If you have received this email in
> error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the
> original and any copy of this message and its attachments.

   Abraham Lincoln