Re: [ga] The race to the bottom continues...

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] The race to the bottom continues...
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:11:13 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think you may have missed my point. They are not required or licensed to regulate.
  However since they have chosen to do so, they are held to that high of a standard and that requires openness and transparency and stakeholder controls. It also requires things such as FOIs and public hearings and time tables and the like. Add to that that they are in fact a California Corporation and I am sure Karl could write a short book on what they do wrong.

  They are acting like a quasi-governmental entity and with that comes some responsibilitie and duties they are simply not following. Also I think they may be violating some regulations regarding tariffs and trade and subsidizing and tripps and all the 'aftas, and WTO and bilateral trade agreements.

  So on paper and pursuant to what they are supposed to do, they are just fine. But since they have engaged in monstrous mission creep they are way out of bounds.

  I hope that is more clear.

  Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Eric,

I've heard this line of argumentation before and
sorry, but I continue to disagree with your
conclusion.

Be a PS3 game guru.