RE: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow
  • From: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:11:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Cc: "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree that local data privacy laws make 3rd party escrow the way to go. (It has other advantages too which need not detain us, not least removal of single point of failure.) Some nations will not let the data go abroad without complex processes it might be unreasonable to require.

But there are no laws that I know of that would forbid 3rd party escrow with a domestic escrow agent, and demonstrating that some form of 3rd party escrow is in place and functioning would be a reasonable technical requirement.