Re: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registerfly & Data Escrow
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:02:52 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Lori Wallach <lwallach@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ranjit de Silva <rdesilva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rick Lane <RLane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "John M.R. Kneuer" <jkneuer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, wendy seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Brock Meeks <brock.meeks@xxxxxxxxx>, James plummer <jplummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Barbara Simons <simons@xxxxxxx>, Rhoda Karpatkin <karprh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paula Bruening <pbruening@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gwen Hinze <gwen@xxxxxxx>, James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@xxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ted and all,

  ICANN is not a regulatory body/org.  However otherwise your
observation is very correct.  ICANN has a duty to "oversee" and
enforce it's contractual obligations explicit or implied.  DOC/NTIA
has "oversight" of ICANN as well as contractual obligations to
 "oversee" ICANN.  These obligations DO indirectly include protecting
from harm, registrants, and do not necessarily exclude sanctions
against ICANN.

  From what we here have all seen and some have experienced,
ICANN's "Accreditation" has little to do with reputable, and allot
to do with $$ in ICANN's coffers for various activities, soccer
games, and other "Junkets"...

  Therefore it seems reasonable that DOC/NTIA would be doing
good service if it started cracking the whip on ICANN's Bod and
staffs backside with allot more authority in order to properly motivate
them.

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

>    Hi Jon,
>
> The problem is the average Internet user believes that an ICANN
> accredited registrar is a seal of approval for reputable registrars.
> Until ICANN demonstrates that rogue behavior will not be tolerated,
> some registrars will continue to push the boundaries to see what
> things they can get away with under ICANN's lack of regulation.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com
> http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827