Re: [ga] Registerfly loses approximately 75,000 customer domains

veni markovski wrote:

Here's what the by-laws says:

The Office of Ombudsman shall:

1. facilitate the fair, impartial, and timely resolution of problems and complaints that affected members of the ICANN community (excluding employees and vendors/suppliers of ICANN) may have with specific actions or failures to act by the Board or ICANN staff which have not otherwise become the subject of either the Reconsideration or Independent Review Policies;

I'm not sure whether you are intending to indicate something incorrect in my statement about the role of the ombudsman. The bylaws you cite (which are indeed the ones that needed to be cited) do very clearly support my observation that the role of the ombudsman is broad and does, in fact, encompass failures (failures now apparently corrected) of "staff" to act to redress the cumulative complaints about registerfly.

		--karl--