Re: [ga] WIPO lays the smackdown on Neustar

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] WIPO lays the smackdown on Neustar
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:11:23 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all,

 From where I and our members sit, Neustar is and has been
a bad stuart of .biz given it's history and creation which was
ill conceived by ICANN at the time.  Our members have boycotted
.biz senses Neustar was awarded as the registry.

However .ORG is even worse in MHO as it has become and
been a haven for Child porn domain names and the ISOC/PIR's
self regulation, ICANN's oversight AND DOJ's lack of investigative
man power have left ISOC/PIR and ICANN to be complacent
in cleaning up the ISOC/PIR indifference and lack of concern
for exploited children.  However with new legislation being
introduced that may be applied to safeguarding against Child
porn perhaps the DOJ will have another weapon by which they
can address more directly ICANN, ISOC/PIR's, and registrars
hiding their Child porn activities...

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Interestingly, neu-star.us and neu-star.biz are unregistered. :) I
> guess paying $1500+ in WIPO fees for the .com demonstrates that .com
> reigns supreme, even when the .us or .biz versions aren't worth
> registering. :) [of course, Neustar is the registry operator for both
> .us and .biz]
>
> Neustar did manage to also win UDRPs for neustar.net and neustar.org,
> in default judgements (respondent made no reponse):
>
> http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2006/d2006-0816.html
> http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2006/d2006-0817.html
>
> although the .net appears to still be with the prior registrant, so
> perhaps there was an appeal of WIPO's decision. See:
>
> http://www.domaintools.com/neustar.net
>
> .com/net/org --- that's where Neustar shows its focus to be! ;)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/
>
> --- George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Neustar just lost a UDRP over the domains neu-star.com and
> > neustarmanufacturing.com:
> >

> http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2006/d2006-1210.html
> >
> > It looks like WIPO made the correct decision in this case.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > George Kirikos
> > http://www.kirikos.com/

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827