RE: [ga] Registerfly loses approximately 75,000 customer domains

I didn't know that number came from their website.  Obviously, *I*
believe it is inaccurate.  The purpose of my email was to contribute my
opinion which I believe more accurately states the magnitude of the
impact of this event on the registrant community, which is part of what
this GA email list is about.

Knowing the number of names that remain in the registerfly eNom account
(yes, we recently terminated their reseller agreement, but this is after
approx one year since they've become ICANN accredited and moving names
out of eNom; there are now less than 90K names left), and knowing the
number of names in their ICANN accredited registrar, and a decent guess
of how many of those .info names are registered to registerfly itself
(or one registrant), the impact is still sizable, but VERY much less
than 2 million names.  300-400K customer-registered names?
If 1/12 expire per month, that's about 30K names in the next 30 days
(this does not count updates).  Unfortunately, the vast majority of
those are not at eNom so we cannot help those registrants.

Regarding your valid comment about registrant confusion: eNom's customer
service dept is working overtime and diligently with any registrants we
can reach (or who reach us), and who have names in the registerfly eNom
account, to minimize the impact of the registerfly situation on those
registrants... and we have been for a very long time.  It's difficult to
directly reach all the registrants who would be potentially affected,
and I think it would also be appropriate to make a more detailed
statement to this list on this subject, so I will have our customer
service folks prepare one and send it out tomorrow.