RE: [ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Let us try consensus/next vote?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:40:29 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well reasoned and persuasive. I almost changed my mind. When voting it made no difference to me but I had to wonder where the concept of "neutral" came from.

  Eric

Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  One person for helping organize and lead debate within the GA is ok.
However, in the future the same person could also represent us offlist.
I wouldn't that strictly narrow his/her job, though another person for
the representation is (very) likely. We'll see. Maybe the need for
electing such another person will come up soon.

Anyway, after having thought it over recently, I agree with Chris in
that we could start with one person doing the internal work within the
GA. After a certain period and after identifying/evaluating the existing
status we can decide how to proceed further. The roles of both chairs
are still hazy; ok, maybe the internal jobsheet is more or less clear.
But we still need more time for a broader discussion over this.

I wouldn't see the position of non-dual chairs that problematic (in
terms of capturing the leading position), as long as the chairs' actions
are bound by voting results that only give the delegating credibility.
As we are all adults everyone is capable of speaking and making
decisions for him/herself.
Later on, we'll definitely need at least a short charter adjusting and
justifying the rights & resps of the chairs.

Having one chair elected, let's say, for a period of half a year is, I
guess, a good point to start with.

Dominik