Re: [ga] Domain Monetization Issues Report

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Domain Monetization Issues Report
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:28:23 -0800
  • Cc: vint@xxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny, Vint, and all,

  With all due consideration and respect, the ALAC was ill conceived,
has never been open and transparent, and is overly restricted as to
membership in it's exclusionary membership rules.  Hence it
seems logical that any result(s) from the ALAC would reflect
far less than good and/or accurate information of any kind
or type.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Vint,
>
> As you know, many of us participate in the ICANN
> process so that domain name issues may (1) rapidly be
> brought to light and (2) quickly be attended to by way
> of policy development processes.
>
> I am troubled to discover that an ICANN Staff "Domain
> Monetisation Issues Report" was delivered to the ALAC
> on 18 August 2006 and yet only now has been revealed
> to the general public through correspondence on the NA
> ALS list.
>
> These type of Staff reports/briefings necessarily
> should be public material made available to all
> parties with an interest in policy formulation efforts
> designed to deal with DNS issues.
>
> Needless to say, I am equally troubled that the ALAC
> itself has taken no significant action in the last six
> months to further progress a study of the relevant
> issues nor has taken action to request that the GNSO
> initate a PDP on the topic.
>
> On the whole, these type of transparency issues in
> conjunction with the lassitude that appears to
> permeate the ICANN advisory bodies is not a healthy
> mix.
>
> I would ask you as current Chair of the Board to focus
> your efforts on a restructuring/reorganization of your
> advisory bodies... the community needs a more
> transparent and more responsive ICANN.
>
> Best regards,
> Danny

> Don't pick lemons.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827