Re: [ga] dotLA

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] dotLA
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:52:27 +0000
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Folks,

The iana page takes you to www.nic.la (sensibly), which bounces to www.la (well, if you owned your own ccTLD, you would, wouldn't you :-) ), erm, which, err, doesn't look like it expects a lot of Laotian visitors to me.

I particularly love this quote from the site:

Where else in the world could self-gratification become a way of life?

kidsearch wrote:

far as I know it's still laos. this just looks like clever marketing like dot tv being tuvalu not television.

Agreed - clever and expensive. The site is a bit unclear on how much it costs ("less than $1 a week") - dotster is offering me 2 years for $64.98. The 1GB storage / hosting may make this appropriate for some people.