From: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Hugh Dierker
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 8:13 PM
To: ga
Subject: [ga] Vote

I would suggest that we quickly move forward again. This time I would
suggest we vote here and come up with a consensus as to the wording of the
next vote. For for that matter we could just come up with a consensus on the
vote.

Reason for doing it here.

Certainly there are many that have been here longer than I when the two
ccTLD Peters sent me here, but I have seen over that time that whenever
things get pulled off this list they are diminishing. Both the activity
being taken away and the list. It causes fracturing and dissinterest. Also
people have shown time again that they are untrusting of other spaces.
Further as the results show more people are active regarding an issue if it
is occurring here.

So while a "show of hands" may not be as impeccable as a voting booth it is
nothing but open and transparent - which is a goal.

Next Item

Debate as to the first elected person(s) from here.

My vote is for an equal co-chair position that will run things here and be
sent by us to represent us elsewhere. I lean toward a spokesperson concept
rather than a freewheeling President position. Hopefully internally the two
would represent pros and cons here and then go forth with both our majority
consensus position and our minority position and do it all here for optimum
oppeness and transparency.

Eric

  _____

Now that's room service! Choose
<http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NT
g5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--%0d%0a>  from
over 150,000 hotels