Re: [ga] Vote on representation first

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vote on representation first
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:10:44 +1300
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 12:42 p.m. 26/01/2007, Hugh Dierker wrote:
I propose that;

First we vote to determine if we want elected representatives from the GA to the outside world?

If we get a no vote on that we fold up the tents and go on down the road.

If we get a yes, we argue for awhile and come up with the structure we want to vote on and the authority of the representatives.

It seems to me to require a two step process so we don't get bogged down before we even agree to have representatives.

Personally, I would vote Other and ask for a simultaneous chair and a co-chair election.

We have all 5 days to argue and persuade our 21 voters what would be the best way to use this first ballot. :-) Fun.

Personally I think voting for a representative now is a bad idea; we don't yet know what we want it to mean. A representative of all the GA list subscribers? The physical attendees? Only of us, the 21 first voters? Of the typical individual DNS users? Etc.

That would have to be polled first. The Chair could decide that poll's options.

Without a chair (and a back-up chair) we will keep floundering.

-joop-