Re: [ga] New staff appointments

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New staff appointments
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:18:14 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now that I have seen some words out of the horses mouth and several reports/blogs, I have some serious missgivings as to whether this is a real position at all. Travelling the globe to make photo ops with businesses is not what came to mind when I read the appointment.
  Oh well more PR for B2B.

  Eric

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dr. Dierker and all,

Sorry I must disagree. Appointing anyone to represent stakeholders
and users in such a manner is far to presumptuous at best. Next thing
or announcement we may receive is the appointment of Osama Bin
Laudin as the new "PEO" = Policy enforcement officer.... But I hear
Don Rumsfeld is looking for a new assignment! >:)

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Does anyone know something generally unknown that would suggest
> that either of these appointments anything but good? In otherwords
> congratulations and I am pleased with the choices.
>
> Eric
>
> JFC Morfin wrote:
> This is why I copied my last mail to Kim Davis to Kieren. He will
> probably explain him why it is advisable to answer it.
> jfc
>
> PS. I also note that Veni is now an ICANN appointee.
>
> At 14:53 18/01/2007, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
> >http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-17jan07.htm
> >
> >Kieren McCarthy has been appointed to the role of General Manager,
> >Public Participation. The position reports to the Executive Officer
> >and Vice President Corporate Affairs, Paul Levins. The primary
> >responsibility of this role is to ensure active participation in
> ICANN
> >processes by Internet stakeholders, including end users.
> >
> >Next announcement, may be:
> >
> >Karl Auerbach has been appointed to the role of Accountant. The
> >position reports to the Executive Officer and Vice President
> Financial
> >Affairs. The primary responsibility of this role is to inspect and
> >copy books, financial records and other documents.

Abraham Lincoln

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.