Re: [ga] Vote Yes or No

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Vote Yes or No
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 06:38:10 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Joop,

  Your offer is fantastic as there is no longer any internal method for voting.  But at this preliminary Juncture I just want to see a ya or na so we do not spin our wheels.  I am inquiring regarding the public nature of the membership rolls. Again thank you and good to hear from you.

  Eric

Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 09:04 a.m. 15/01/2007, you wrote:
>Should the GA hold elections?

Eric,

This question can be answered on this mailing list, but not very meaningfully.
I presume you mean elections for chair.

Better to offer all list participants the opportunity to sign up as voters,
then you will be dealing with GA members who are a priori interested to see
their vote counted.

These members can then proceed to vote to hold new chair elections (or not).

I still care enough to prepare the polling booth (V.2.0) for secure GA
voter registrations.
Hopefully I can offer this facility tonight.

In the meantime, feel free to propose a procedure for nominations.

-joop-