[ga] Re: [A2k] EU : new Consumer protection Commissioner

  • To: Michelle Childs <michelle.childs@xxxxxxxxxx>, consumers@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [A2k] EU : new Consumer protection Commissioner
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 23:21:54 -0800
  • Cc: a2k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ip@xxxxxxxx, veni markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle and all,

  Good to hear.  I hope she will be able to properly educate
Veni Markovski, a recent ICANN Bod member of how very
important consumer protection is.  A recent ICANN Bod decision
which was unanimous regarding huge price hike and control of
pricing on domain name registration in the .biz/.info/.org
registry agreement has and will damaged many registrant/consumer,
and will for years in the future unless this decision can be
reversed.