Re: [ga] Getting Heard by the ICANN Board

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Veni Markovski wrote:

a note on your comments - you were a director until June 2003, when I joined. Things with staff - board relations are quite different today; people should reach conclusions about today's ICANN based on your experience. Perhaps it's good to say that, so that there's no misunderstanding.

Perhaps "staff" has improved, although I have heard reports that indicate that it hasn't really improved much (although the absence of Joe Sims as a glowering, unaccredded board member probably, in itself, makes a big difference. And I perceive Paul T. as qualitatively more willing to consider, discuss, adapt, and adjust than Stuart Lynn.)

But as far as board communication with the public, board member explaination of the reasons for their actions, well in that regard there is sign of improvement, but the signs are but minced steps on what is for ICANN a very long road of its own creation.

		--karl--