Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:40:24 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ted and all,

 This decision again clearly indeed shows that the ICANN BoD doesn't
now, nor IMHO has ever served in the best interests of the public.
Rather
they serve the best interests of special interests groups and their own
immediate pocket book interests.

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

>   According to Ron Jackson, editor of DNJournal.com, the ICANN BoD has
> unanimously approved the .biz/.info/.org registry contracts. He
> received notice from  Phil Corwin, Legal Counsel for the Internet
> Commerce Association, who is attending the ICANN meeting in São Paulo.
>
> "After one hour of discussion the ICANN Board approved this morning by
> a 13-0 unanimous vote of all participating members to approve the
> revised gTLD agreements as published in October. Key reasons for
> taking action at this this time was the failure of the GNSO Council to
> complete its PDP process on registry agreements and the recent
> approval of the .com agreement and the consequent desire for
> uniformity in these agreements. The need to provide incentives for
> registry investments in security was also a key factor cited by
> several Board members. The meeting is still ongoing. I will provide a
> much more detailed memo on the Board discussion this weekend after I
> return to DC." - Phil Corwin, ICA
>
> This behavior by the ICANN Board of Directors is completely
> disgraceful considering they claim to serve the best interests of the
> public and the nearly unanimous opposition to the proposed
> .biz/.info/.org registry agreements.
>
> Let the class action lawsuits begin!
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.
> http://www.ProphetPartners.com
> http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827