RE: [ga] Registerfly domain renewal issues

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Registerfly domain renewal issues
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:46:51 +0100
  • Cc: "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, "icann board address" <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff,

of course, I meant the indirect money flow. Registrars would never pay a
dime to ICANN for the accreditation if they didn't believe they would
get their money back from registrants. That is, indirectly but also
actually the revenue is being made by registrants.

But this is not what I wanted to talk about. The problem is that
registrants, though recognized the final customers in all this business,
are not given a care they deserve. They suffer from the flawed domain
transfer mechanism and disinclination to provide them with effective
help. Instead ICANN prefers activities in favour of money Almighty.
But this doesn't mean we have to share the same attitude and accept
various excuses instead of forcing ICANN to do real work for
registrants.

Dominik