Re: [ga] Registerfly domain renewal issues

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registerfly domain renewal issues
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 1980 21:01:13 -0800
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dominik and all,

  Not so as you stated it.  Registries and registrars pay ICANN for
their accreditation to become a registry or registrar.  Registrants
pay their registrar of choice for registering a Domain name.

  I have never written a check, or any other method of  pay to ICANN
for any of my domain names I, or any of our members have registered.

  Indirectly it is true that registrants money goes to ICANN.

Dominik Filipp wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> ICANN receives $$ from registrants not from Registerfly. If ICANN
> doesn't worry about whom it serves then it's up to the constituencies,
> that is also us, to remind ICANN of its duties.
>
> Dominik

   Abraham Lincoln