[ga] Re: NTIA approves .com agreement, but with amendments

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: NTIA approves .com agreement, but with amendments
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:19:42 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi again,

Interestingly, page 4 of:

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/agreements/amend30_11292006.pdf

mentions in point 5 that "This approval is not intended to confer
federal antitrust immunity on VeriSign with respect to the Registry
Agreement."

Thus, the CFIT litigation can continue, and perhaps one day we'd see
.com prices at $2/yr.

Soon we'll see all our domain DNS traffic data for sale, I imagine. :(
There goes business privacy.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/