Re: [ga] GoDaddy gets patent on proxy Whois service

Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:
GoDaddy was granted U.S. patent #7,130,878 on October 31,2006 for proxy domain name registration.

The claims narrow that down a lot.

Proxy registration is not a new concept - certainly it predates the July 2003 filing date. For example, attorney's have been doing registrations for clients and thus protecting the client identity for rather some time.

I skimmed the claims and none of 'em struck me as being non-obvious, In fact my gut tells me that many of these don't even get over the low hurdle of being novel.

There are so many of these business process patents - I'm surprised somebody hasn't patented "buy low, sell high".

In my catalogue (http://www.cavebear.com/cavebear/catalog.html) I spoofed Amazon's silly One-Click checkout with my Zero-Click Checkout:

http://www.cavebear.com/cavebear/catalogue/zero-click-checkout.html

(The catalogue is way overdue for new content.)

		--karl--