Re: [ga] A Question

Dominik Filipp wrote:

does anyone know whether the 'domain tasting' topic will be discussed at
the meeting in Sao Paulo? Or, what is its current status at ICANN?

As has always been the case, this discussion can not proceed until we have data from registries regarding how much it costs to actually service a domain name registration transaction.

I have estimated the cost to be less than $0.03 per name per year.

Unless we know these numbers we really can not answer the question whether this free ride for speculators is being made on the backs of the intended beneficiaries of ICANN's regulation - the paying, full-term consumers of domain names.

		--karl--