Re: [ga] Has ICANN consulted the GAC about .biz/info/org?

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has ICANN consulted the GAC about .biz/info/org?
  • From: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:24:28 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi George,

If the discussion of the proposed .biz/.info/.org contracts is postponed to
the São Paulo meetings in December, we'll actually be able to get some
insight into what ICANN board members think about these negotiations. As we
all know, commentary on this topic from ICANN board members to the GA
mailing list have been deafening. Up until now, everything has been
happening behind closed doors with significant delays in reporting and a
lack of transparency. Real time captioning of the São Paulo meetings would
encourage more accountability from ICANN to the public that it is entrusted
to protect.

Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.