Re: [ga] Court oversight

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
I don't see how an order to ICANN to have a registry it doesn't control do something would be effective.

I don't disagree with you - such an order would place ICANN in the position of being ordered to do something that it does not have the clear power to do.

What I am pointing out is that there is A) a lot of non-understanding about what DNS is and what ICANN can and cannot do and B) ICANN has created a situation in which it does exercise a fair amount of real control in matters that relate to domain names and creates an impression that it could, if it were compelled to do so, cause the effect the court desires.

		--karl--