Re: [ga] ICANN Board sells out to US Gov't

  • To: terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board sells out to US Gov't
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:10:05 +0000
  • Cc: gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way I see it is that we do have two separate issues: the statu quo, and the policy development process.

While it is true that the statu quo of the WhoIs is that information has to be correct and complete, the document quotes at least three times the need for a bottom-up policy-making process, and if at the end of this process it will come out that the Internet community prefers a different solution, the policy will be changed.

This is, at least, my view. I know that there are different opinions on the matter.

Regards,
Roberto