Re: [ga] draft gac whois principles text

It is sad to see government types, particularly ones from our US government, take an approach that is so contrary to the founding principles of our nation.

Had these people written our own 4th Amendment it probably would have sounded more like:

  The right of intellectual property owners and Federal administrative
  agencies to inspect the persons, houses, papers, and effects of any
  person shall not be limited.  No warrants shall be needed nor shall
  there be any need for Oath or affirmation nor any description of the
  place to be searched or the persons or things to be seized.

Even databases of those holding dangerous instrumentalities (e.g. guns) are not required to be this open.

I guess a domain name, in the eyes of the intellectual property protectors (who are rarely intellectual property creators) is more dangerous than a loaded gun.

And the namby-pampy FTC - are those guys so lazy that they want to simply toss the real 4th amendment and the Privacy Act of 1974 and even the concept of personal privacy itself onto the trash heap? It seems so.

		--karl--