[ga] Mobi

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Mobi
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:22:31 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This .Mobi surely is not needed to create new space.
  But from what i see with cells on the street and with laptops and how everyone "just has to have one" or two. And my prediction of strategic marketing alliances that .mobi will surpasse the old dot Com within two years.

  Now dotAsia will also do well if the price scaling is appropriate. And the same shall be said when dotHisp, for hispanic, is brought up. (as Jefsey would say, for English speakers every where south of Nogales)

  But the issue will not be the language here. Or the geographics. The English std type language being far easier to understand than the probable techno speak of Mobi.
  One has to ask "why do teens buy billions of dollars of pants that are designed to show their butt crack and or underwear?" (especially since at my age i need a belt and suspenders just to look respectable, and i don't want even those showing under my suit coat.) Practicality and cost and need are almost irrelevant when it comes to mass sales and marketing. I can already see a Korean Co-ed on her way to school saying in either English or Korean - using valley talk - "Oh wow that is so uncool that you don't have a cell mobi address." Response - "no way i do all my cell chat on Asia it is soo much more mature" And for $2.00 USD per month the geeky boy saying - you guys are so lame, you have to have both - one that your parents know about and one they don't"

  Interesting fact - A higher percentage of Vietnamese school children are practically literate in English than - School age children in Tijuana are literate in Espanol.
  Marketing is not always education but education is always marketing.