RE: [ga] New TLD Paradigm

Dear Michael,
I am traveling and I have no way to print your text yet. I would like however to give you an opportunity to address the most important point I fear the document misses before I do it. I seached the text for "IDN", "lingual", "national", "ccTLD", "DNSSEC" and found nothing. May be my search did not work properly? So, I looked for ICANN and found 41 occurences. I looked for ISP and found it only on a COI point.

This is odd when you consider that:

- ICANN is confronted to the problem of national lingual versions of its gTLDs
- the name space must address the administration of the lingual TLDs and of their devolution
- the technology is unable to address the multilingual problem
- ICANN is only the US NIC
- the name space is shared between domain names, keywords and aliases (private keywords) and domain names are managed by TLD, private TLDs (within/from private nets and externets), ULDs (User Level Domains, what the users perceive as a TLD)
- the namespace can therefore only resolve in a stable way at the ISP/private net layer.
- the IAB mailing list on the Internet architecture evolution is dead while we see the emergence of various forms of Multi-Internetworking and recognised the "networks of the network of networks" reality, and the need of intergovernance of their governances.
- ICANN is still only the administration and the dissemination of a small Excel spreadsheet, while we start seeing Google heading the take over of the big Excel folder (840 pages ++) of the languages registries.
- etc.

I note that 5 years ago, ICANN published an Internet Coordination Policy document (ICP-3) where the solution (testing, and IETF involvement toward a possible multi-root situation) was very well documented (I carried that experiment for 2 years with more than 30 machines).