Re: [ga] $691,000 ALAC Budget

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, ALAC <committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] $691,000 ALAC Budget
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:28:13 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Denise Michael <michel@xxxxxxxxx>, Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karl and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  It was clear to me and many of our members that the ALAC was created
in order to fail so that ICANN could than claim that there was no means
in which to create a open ICANN membership could be created.  As
many here may recall Denise and Esther Dyson made many skewed
arguments negative towards to any open ICANN membership with
the predecessor to the ALAC.

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> Danny Younger wrote:
> > "Budget. ... $691K for
> > at-large.
>
> ICANN should pull the plug on the ALAC and save the $$.
>
> And what is "loop not closed with Denise" mean?
>
> And a "review"?  Easy: "SL, AM, and JS did not like that Karl and Andy
> got elected, so they got the still boardsquatter-dominated board to
> created a 'reformed' system called ALAC.  It was Byzantine in structure
> and so dis empowered internet users that they stayed away in droves.  It
> was a dud.  They pumped money into it.  It remained a dud.  They put
> more managers to manage the opinions of internet users more.  Its
> dud-like quality never dimmed.  They put up a website.  Not the less the
> dud it remained.  Will a "review" change things.  Probably not.  The
> ALAC: An immutable dud.  Hopefully it will soon be put to death.  None
> will weep.
>
>                 --karl--

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827