Re: Election of ICANN Board - Was: Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing...

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <ploki_xyz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Election of ICANN Board - Was: Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing...
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:16:04 -0400
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roberto wrote; "I am looking forward to the moment in which an election of
ICANN Board members would have full media coverage as much as a political
election."

I know thats out of context, but I just wanted to point out why it is so
crucial for current ICANN board members to get on the ball and introduce new
sTLDs and gTLDs. Once it starts costing a lot of cash to get elected board
seats will be caprtured even more than they already are by special interests
that don't want more competition in the market. Sorry, but its a fact of
life.

more tlds = more competition in my opinion.