[ga] Participation in GNSO Review

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Participation in GNSO Review
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:10:17 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To participate in the GNSO Review, please visit
http://www.icann-gnsoreview.org

(Excerpt from this site)

The LSE Public Policy Group has been commissioned by
ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers) to carry out an independent review of the
Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO). GNSO is
the specific part of ICANN responsible for developing
and recommending to the ICANN Board policies relating
to generic Top Level Domains (gTLD).

During March 2006 we will be using this website to
collect comments and views from as wide a range of
global stakeholders as possible on the performance of
GNSO in developing policy recommendations for ICANN.
We would like to get your views in particular:

* How well the GNSO represents Internet users
worldwide;
* How effectively the GNSO translates global views
into policies;
* How transparent and open is the GNSO in its work;
* How GNSO ensures that service providers comply with
ICANN regulations; and
* What are the main challenges for the GNSO in the
next few years?

We offer three main ways for you or your organisation
to have your say on GNSO:

* Online surveys for different groups of Internet
users or service providers;
* Web discussion forum; and
* Email posting facility.

In order to increase international feedback, we have
provided as much information as possible in different
world languages. Our surveys however are in English
only due to limited resources. Please see the Glossary
and Terms of Reference for information on the scope
and objectives of this Review.