Re: [ga] Pricing

  • To: kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Pricing
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:31:41 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Let me do a quick gross count. Of course in yen it is nothing. Viet Dong =about 120K and Mexican Peso = about 120. Pound is about 10 and Ruble is about, forget that, use a dollar. Roughly 1 percentage of developing nations and .01 of developed income per year.  At wholesale slash by 90%. Of course we know that developing nations keep their cash under the mattress and so it is probable less than one tenth of projection.

  Now i am talking straight up dumb and stupid here, however, this seems to me i could sponsor about 1/2 of a dozen for about 60 a year and get all their business. Then they would  vote for me in an ALAC group. And i could duplicate. The moral upside is that the get a domain. The moral downside is that i am kinda buying votes and leverage.
Of course of the 10% that make it i would triple my income and still have 9 names for resale.

  Slice it up and it seems .info should stop using resellers. And that a kid can get into business for a shoeshine or four. Seems like the system is systemically workin to me.

  (for those who care my main shoeshine boy of the Mekong Delta is married now and works hard for Vietnam Airlines and is happily married and plans on a child next Tet. He coordinates Dierker Aid Direct {dad} in Ho Chi Minh cty and for less than a buck we educate one a year) Of course this work is tied to dotVN which charges a huge premium per domain registration as per restrictions.

kidsearch <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Yet they do not sell .info domain names to the public for $1.49 as the article leads the average user to believe. They offer it to their resellers for that price if they sell a domain name to a user who is registering a .info name for the first time. The end user is still charged the amount the reseller wants to charge. DirectL sells .info names for $12 plus change.