RE: [ga] Advisory: Call for Papers

  • To: olof nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Advisory: Call for Papers
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:02:05 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Olof,

Yes, I should have noted that this was draft language
(my mistake), but it's reasonably clear that we can
get started working on formal papers for presentation
at a later date.

I do have, however, a few follow-up questions...  The
bylaws specify in Annex A

15. Maintenance of Records

Throughout the PDP, from policy suggestion to a final
decision by the Board, ICANN will maintain on the
Website, a status web page detailing the progress of
each PDP issue, which will describe:

a. The initial suggestion for a policy;

b. A list of all suggestions that do not result in the
creation of an Issue Report;

c. The timeline to be followed for each policy;

d. All discussions among the Council regarding the
policy;

e. All reports from task forces, the Staff Manager,
the Council and the Board; and

f. All public comments submitted

I haven't yet noticed a published timeline for each
step in the PDP process other than the timeline posted
by Bret Fausett to the ALAC list --
http://forum.icann.org/lists/alac/msg01408.html

Will you be posting an updated timeline to the GNSO
web pages?

Also, have you had any luck yet getting a
sense-of-the-staff assessment of how many tlds
reasonably could be processed per annum without unduly
straining staff resources?

Best regards,
Danny