Re: [ga] More comments on IANA language tables

  • To: "JFC \(Jefsey\) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] More comments on IANA language tables
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:34:17 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jefsey,

Thank you for your remarks and the pointer to John
Klensin's latest RFC.  One of his observations I found
to be particularly noteworthy:

3.2.  Issues that fall within the purview of ICANN

3.2.1.  Dispute resolution

   IDN creates new types of collisions between
trademarks and domain names as well as collisions
between domain names.  This have impact on dispute
resolution processes used by registries and otherwise.
 It is important that deployment of IDN evolve in
parallel with review and updating of ICANN or
registry-specific dispute resolution processes.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-00.txt.