Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:06:20 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard asks:  "Anyway, just to be clear Danny: are
you proposing that as a group we try to create a
shared document to speak for Individual Users? Or some
of them."

Just to be clear, we are a few people that have chosen
to continue discussing DNS issues on this list even
after the Board formally dissolved the GA.  We are all
veterans of the ICANN process.  We can't necessarily
speak on behalf of the world's Internet Users, but we
can speak on behalf of ourselves as  reasonably
well-informed long-time participants in the DNSO/GNSO.

The limited time-frame for this Public Comment
exercise leaves no opportunity for traditional
consensus-development mechanisms to work their magic.
Each point of the GNSO Terms of Reference can only be
discussed for a mere week which certainly isn't long
enough for a thorough discussion or evaluation of the
merits of different positions.

As such, all that we can do is present the different
views expressed on this list without staking a claim
on a consensus viewpoint.  A document that presents
our varied or unified thoughts (whatever happens to be
the case) will be put together and will be submitted
as part of the PDP Public Comment segment.

--- Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

=== message truncated ===

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com