Re: [ga] ICANN & VeriSign Sued by CFIT

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vint@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN & VeriSign Sued by CFIT
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:58:48 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: michael@xxxxxxxxxx, support@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Danny,

  This is a very interesting tactic. It is well grounded in law. It appears to be well funded. However it is a commercial endeavor. http://www.cfit.info/ provides little insight and Momentos does not seem to have a long term strategy in place for how this will play out in the upcoming months.
  If I were them I would mount and aggressive membership campaign for individual users and of course make that pan out in a marketing format. If in fact CFIT is just a spin and leveraged platform for a lawsuit on behalf of Momentos it loses on several grounds, not the least of which is Laches and Estoppel (sitting on their hands when they knew what was happening - this also bodes poorly for any claim of lack of transparency - even i knew what was coming down) No they are far better off if the offer up free membership to individuals and market by visiting lists and invitations, which will be answered if they amend their suit to include claims regarding denial of representation and violations of state and federal laws regarding the MOU and the organizational structure.
  Also we must remember that those who seek equity must do equity and the more this looks like a positioning stunt to gain market share rather than a grass roots endeavor to correct inequity the more likely attorney's fee will be awarded against them.

  To end let me say that if all parties act in a mature manner and the Lawyers do their job as officers of the court, good things can come of this for both sides, although perhaps not for Verisign. And therein lies a bad rub for ICANN, should it defend as a cozy partner with Verisign or cross-complain against Verisign and admit some allegations but claim deceipt by Verisign.

  Well back to my mondane Amicus Curae to the Governator on whether to waste the convicted murderer founder of the Cripts, or pardon the Nobel peace prize candidate.

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  http://www.commentwire.com/article_news.asp?guid=C77F1538-AB61-42BC-93AF-5E1B8883E0A1

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs