[ga] Note from Vint Cerf regarding comments on proposed .com agreement

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Note from Vint Cerf regarding comments on proposed .com agreement
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:13:32 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>From the GNSO Council list:

Dear Bruce,

In an ongoing effort to support community dialogue and
consultation regarding the VeriSign settlement
agreement, the Board is extending the period for
comment by requesting that constituencies and advisory
committees submit concise, actionable comments
regarding the settlement's effect on stakeholder
community.  I am writing to let you know that I have
written emails similar to this to each of the
constituency chairs or presidents withing the GNSO. In
that email, I request that they please email these
comments to <settlement-statements@xxxxxxxxx>, ideally
prior to the ICANN Vancouver meeting, so ICANN can use
these comments as a basis for continued
dialogue.  Through those emails, the Board invites
each constituency to discuss the settlement with the
Board during the ICANN Vancouver meeting and,
additionally, the Board will listen to comments
regarding the settlement during the Vancouver Public
Forum.  The Board has set aside time to meet with
constituency in Vancouver, and staff will follow-up
with you and each constituency individually to confirm
the details.

The Board appreciates the comments and questions about
the settlement posted in ICANN's public forum and
raised in meetings with staff since the settlement was
announced on 24 October.  Additional Q & A's
(questions and answers) will be posted on ICANN's
website to address key issues raised and support
further dialogue and consultation.

We appreciate your efforts to assist the Board in
determining whether the proposed settlement agreement
is in the best interests of the entire Internet
community.  We look forward to seeing you and your
colleagues in Vancouver.

Sincerely,
Vint Cerf

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs