Re: [ga] Google evangelisation

  • To: "M. Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Google evangelisation
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:33:07 -0700
  • Cc: RBHauptman@xxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jefsey, Her Haupman, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I for one, and I know many of our members fail to see Her Haupmans
description of humor in the search results he has suggested below.
Perhaps
a straight forward biography has some humor in such, but to connotative
such in the presidents biography listing on google seems odd at least.

However I do find it understandable whey Vint had or has left
MCI/worldcom/com
as the heat towards himself sense the stock financial scam Bernie Ebbers
has
been convicted or included some concerns yet to be adjudicated involving

company loans to employees including it seems Vint for some $6m which
interestingly enough was approximately what his new house cost to build.

Investors seeking recovery of ill spent revenues from Worldcom/con
are not done yet.  Now I am sure vint will not fine this humorous, nor
after fairly recent fraud scandals with the UN ingratiate him in any
meaningful position amongst many member countries, given such a
history and back drop.

M. Morfin wrote:

>    At 02:08 16/10/2005, RBHauptman@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >If this is the one that brings up "Bush is a Complete Moron" then we
> >know at least the Internet is doing some good.
>
> No. It goes directly to his White House presentation. Neat and clear.
>
> >Did you happen to catch a recent speech where he actually referred
> >to it as "the Internets."
>
> No, but ... could I be in architectural agreement with him :-) ?
> I _he_ understood that, may the IETF will :-)
>
> jfc
>

> >In a message dated 10/15/2005 4:51:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> >jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >I love Vint's humour. This is the best Internet evangelisation trick
> in years.
> >1- Go to http://www.google.com
> >2- Type in "Failure", without the quotes
> >3- Instead of hitting "Search" hit "I'm feeling Lucky"
> >4- Look at it and *laugh* at what comes up
> >5- Tell your friends *ASAP* before Vint get elected UN General
> >Secretary (what would address the Internet Governance issue).
> >jfc

Jefsey, Her Haupman, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827