[ga] At-Large Structure Certification Process

  • To: vinton.g.cerf@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] At-Large Structure Certification Process
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:33:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Vint,

I recently had the pleasure of collaborating with different members of the North American At-Large community (we submitted commentary regarding the Registry Services Changes Final Report -- you can see our comment at http://forum.icann.org/lists/registry-services-report/msg00050.html).

I am writing because several of these at-large groups have had their ALS applications stuck in a Black Hole since MAY of 2004 -- the ALAC website indicates "ALAC reviewing application/related documentation".

One of these at-large groups is the Intellectual Property and Technology Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association...

as we both know that it shouldn't take well over a year to review the straight-forward and simple documentation submitted by an organization comprised solely of attorneys, it is clear that something is seriously amiss with the at-large certification process.

Could I ask you to look into this matter?

Best regards,
Danny Younger