Re: [ga] NTIA Intervention

Dear atlarge.org,
I am surprised that these civil right people defend ".xxx" but not the cultures, privacy and anti-racist rights, anti-censoring. The US position over ".xxx" is in direct line with the US Statement of Principles. And the US Statement of Principles is in direct line with the Cyberspace Security policy expressed for years (http://whitehouse.gov/pcipb) every Government can only agree with the concerns.

The Internet constitution is in the code. ICANN is in the code. Change the source code, that is, change the internet architecture and you will remove ICANN. You have a unique opportunity which is the multilingual Internet, that IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Cisco try to block through the "RFC 3066 bis" proposition - a similar thinking to this IDNA which never worked. This is the core of the whole change: this proposition discusses the tagging of the languages. Their proposition is that they tag them with limited information suiting their needs. My opposition is to permit the users to tag their languages the way they need. The difference is between a user oriented, no Internet Central Agency for Names and Numbers international network system, and the status quo of an AmerICANN control.

We discussed that over and over. Nothing has changed on the Civil Right side, nothing has moved.
You can cry without an impact, or you can work and document to really block errors and support us (R&D) for a result. You to chose.
Cheers.
jfc