Re: [ga] Emergency resolution on .xxx recall -- and the destruction of ICANN's integrity

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Emergency resolution on .xxx recall -- and the destruction of ICANN's integrity
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:09:03 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ricahrd and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  As far back I I have documented and/or can remember, there have been
no accepted "ICANN procedures" that were or are now agreed upon
by any and all of the stakeholders/users.  Hence in part why the DNSO
was
disbanded without the vote of it's than properly constituted members..

  In addition, DOC has always had oversight of ICANN as it should have
IMHO, but rarely has seen fit to take any actions contrary to ICANN's
edicts.  In this instance, although I nor any of our members have any
problem with the .xxx sTLD, we do believe it was conceived, discussed,
debated and determined in a near vacuum by a tiny fraction of
unrepresentative
ICANN "Officials" i.e. board and staff, without the consent or
acknowledgment
of any AND ALL participating and interested stakeholders/users.  Hence
such a
sTLD, regardless of it's stated purpose, is ill advised accordingly.  We
believe
in part, that this fact is why the president repuested what he did and
DOC
responded in the manner it did.

  Therefore it is in our members opinion that the selection process as
well
as many other processes employed by "ICANN" are skewed and without
proper representation of any willing or interested stakeholder/users.

  Bad process, bad result or product, plain and simple...