[ga] Re: [Politech] Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs]

  • To: Declan McCullagh <declan@xxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Politech] Bush administration asks for halt to .xxx domain [fs]
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:34:46 -0700
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Declan and all,

  It was some folks within ICANN over 2 years ago despite many
objections that directed without public and stakeholder/user vote
that sTLD's such as .xxx would be a better way to "manage" the
name space.  Of course such short sitedness on the part of a
than errant ICANN BoD and staff as well as ICANN legal council
has become legendary and now has errant the ire of reasonable
citizens with respect to .xxx.  Hence I agree with the president
that such a sTLD indeed creates a haven for porn that is
counter productive for all citizenry everywhere.  This is of
course not to say that porn is right or wrong, but to use a
TLD to promote such is deplorable