Re: [ga] Is it true?

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Is it true?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 06:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The meeting is indeed taking place. And WHOIS data will always be available for a price. Free for the Governments. So building in some safeguards and shifting the burden of cost to where it belongs (those who benefit from it) is an intelligent move that may well work with all parties.
The Proxy registration should be used at all times by anyone who cares enough about their privacy to spend the money. Agents for service of process are very viable and in fact used by almost all corporations of any size, and certainly for LTD's and LLC's.
This reinvention of standard business practices business is silliness and only costs society time and money and loss of rights.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sotiris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

I do not concur. There is no good reason why anyone other than
law enforcement agencies to have such personal information. Addresses
and home contact information of registrants should be restricted as such
and/or accordingly... To do other wise exposes registrants to dangerous
behaviors such as stalking...

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > To shift the burden from where it lies now (registrants having to take
> > the initiative and pay more for a "proxy registration" or a P.O.Box )
> > to those who want to have your name and address is a good idea.
>
> I quite concur.
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
>
> --
> This email includes a valid digital signature which positively
> distinguishes the sender and serves to ensure that the message has
> not been altered since it was sent. For more information on having
> your identity validated for use in your own Personal Certificate
> visit the THAWTE Web of Trust (WOT):
> https://www.thawte.com/wot/index.html
>
> This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
> does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution,
> use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by
> other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received
> this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
> otherwise) immediately.

> Name: sotiris.vcf
> sotiris.vcf Type: VCard (text/x-vcard)
> Encoding: 7bit

Pierre Abelard

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827