Re: [ga] .Pro - can you square this circle?

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .Pro - can you square this circle?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:07:00 -0800
  • Cc: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim Cole <cole@xxxxxxxxx>, twomey@xxxxxxxxx, "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@xxxxxxx>, ALAC <committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, alsc <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Again it is very difficult to imagine or except that Domain
names of SLUTS.PRO or PUSSY.PRO are in any way
associated with professional associations or licensed as
same in any American state, nor were checked prior
to their registration being granted as EnCirca's CEO
has so far PROclaimed [pardon the pun] and as such
also represents an insult to other women professionals
engaged in REAL professions of various sorts.

  The ICANN Bod and staff are responsible for "Accrediting"
EnCirca for the .Pro registry and creation or inclusion of .Pro
in the DNS Namespace.  So therefor neither Vint nor Tim Cole
can legitimately singled out, but still bare part of the responsibility
for the seemingly growing misleading registration practices
in violation of EnCirca's own registration agreement/requirements,
where even Richard pointed out.  Such purposeful and blatant
misleading business practice is criminally and/or civilly punishable
federally and in many US states, including my home state, Texas...

Hugh Deicer wrote:

>    And peace be upon you that open our eyes,
>
> Judge not lest thee be judged.
>
> It is a glass house for sure, but look into the eyes of he who casts a
> stone.
> Who has profited from this circumlucation and bastardasation of
> contract and moral obligation?
> Richard will retrieve the vestige and low be the man that does not
> come clean now.
> I am not yet ready to point my finger, but that day is close at hand.
> Who profited from this disgrace, who took the sows' ear purse?
> Vint, it would be wise for you to give him up. Must we suffer another
> Worldcom?
> Mr. Henderson is a bulldog that smells flesh, he has a bone; now cast
> out amoung you who shall be devoured.
> There is no square peg that will fit in this circle, Is it you Mr.
> Cole?
>
> Dr. Dierker
>
> Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thomas Barrett to IcannWatch and CircleID:
> "All EnCirca .pro registrations have verified credentials prior to the
> activation of their domain name"
>
> EnCirca Registrant:
> "There was absolutely no verification performed by Encirca as part of
> the process. It was simply sign up, pay $49, and 'viola'."
>
> Excuse me Thomas, but how do you square that circle. The registrant's
> .pro domain was registered and activated. His credentials were not
> checked at all.
>
> And if you say, "Well, EnCirca are the Registrant and its our own
> credentials that are verified" then you are admitting that the domain
> owner who gets the domain doesn't actually have to profess a
> profession at all, there's no checking of them, it's all up to them...
>
> That is the *opposite* of what the ICANN Agreement intends!!!
>
> You may as well let everyone get a domain, and it's OK, because you
> the registrar have some kind of credentials.
>
> ... And that is exactly what appears to have happened.

> Yrs staggered,
>
> Richard Henderson

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx