Re: [ga] Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme - Call for Applications

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme - Call for Applications
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:58:31 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  No thanks Danny!  The WGIG is not legitimate in terms of honesty
and forthrightness, as the world is seeing from many other UN
organizations
of late.  I would not wish to *learn* the ways of nonsense and the form
of diplomacy which starts with words and people of ill repute, and
ends with words and no action of substance.

Danny Younger wrote:

>    Diplo, in cooperation with the Secretariat of the UN Working Group
> on
> Internet Governance (WGIG), the Global Knowledge Partnership (GKP) and
> the
> Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), is currently
> accepting
> applications for the Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme.
> This
> programme aims at improving Internet Governance related knowledge and
> skills
> for participants from developing countries.
>
> The programme, which will last from March 14 to June 30, 2005,
> consists of
> an online course, individual and collaborative online research, and
> capacity
> building fellowships. Fellowships, which will be awarded to the most
> successful participants in the programme, will include one month
> placements
> at the Secretariat of the Working Group on Internet Governance (WGIG)
> in
> Geneva and participation at WGIG and other Internet Governance related
>
> meeting. The programme will  facilitate community building among
> participants from different national, cultural and professional
> backgrounds.
>
> The application deadline for this programme is March 10, 2005. For
> further
> information and to apply online, please visit the Internet Governance
> Capacity Building Programme website http://www.diplomacy.edu/ig/)

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS