Re: [ga] Attack on the At-Large

Richard and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  The ISOC has always been about "pay to play".  After all their
membership
once before included individual members. I was once one until they kept
raising the price.  $75.00US is only a starting point for the ISOC as it

over the past 3+ years has been short of cash as it has been less than
adequately successful in gaining donations.  Small wonder if you ask me.

Richard Henderson wrote:

>    There is also a "FREE" membership level, but only the $75 folks get
> to vote:
>
> http://www.isoc.org/members/
> ISOC INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
>
> ISOC offers two distinct individual membership levels: the Member
> Level and the Associate Member Level. Both membership levels allow for
> active and meaningful participation in the ISOC Mission and Goals.
> Both member levels share the goal of supporting ISOC's Mission and
> Principles. Both member levels will continue to agree to ISOC's code
> of conduct. Both member levels will have access to ISOC's conferences,
> educational events, announcements, briefings, and newsletters. Both
> member levels will be able to participate in, and to have access to,
> ISOC's surveys and discussion groups. Both levels will also have the
> ability to participate in ISOC Chapters around the world, helping ISOC
> to continue to reach out locally on a global basis.
>
> The Member Level will, in addition, be able to participate in election
> for ISOC Board of Trustee members as follows: once there are 500 such
> members together with 500 individuals joining under or Organizational
> Membership plan, this group of membership will elect one ISOC Trustee
> each such year (for up to three such Trustees overall).
>
> To Join as a Member (US $75.00 annual charge) or an Associate Member
> (Free) click here.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS