Re: [ga] Kleinwachter on revising ICANN bylaws

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Kleinwachter on revising ICANN bylaws
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:15:29 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Mr. Wolfgang Kleinwachter was trying very desperately to be
diplomatic as he could in trrying to inform the reader that
Vittorio is reluctant to be aggressive and thereby also concise
in revising the ALAC via ICANN Bylaws.  Yet as many of us
know Vittorio is more interested in being cautious and plodding
as well as appearing outwardly to be diplomatic than in getting
things done.

Danny Younger wrote:

>    An exchange between Wolfgang Kleinwachter and ICANN's At-Large
> Advisory Committee Chair Vittorio Bertola begins with this thread:
> http://mailman.greennet.org.uk/public/plenary/2005-March/004892.html
>
> Bertola: And please... do not forget those of us who participate in
> the WSIS as individuals. We already had to ask a favour to friends
> from accredited NGOs just to be physically allowed in... I'm not sure
> about how many others act as individuals, but, in the Internet world,
> people tend to aggregate informally and to form flexible online
> groups, rather than to incorporate NGOs.
>
> Kleinwachter: it would be great if you could take this message back to
> the ALAC and to go forward with a proposal for a revision of the ALAC
> related articles of the ICANN bylaws. You are the ALAC chair.
>
> Bertola: I'm not sure why we are having this discussion right on the
> WSIS Plenary, Bureau and Content & Themes :-) (Though perhaps the IG
> Caucus could give a thought in participating in the joint ALAC-NCUC
> thinking exercises that we are trying to set up about the future of
> civil society structures at ICANN.) Anyway, you could for example have
> a look at the (draft, preliminary etc) comment to the Strategic Plan
> that we just sent to
> ICANN:http://forum.icann.org/mail-archive/alac/msg00934.html
>
> Kleinwachter: Thanks Vittorio for this new statement. I share the
> spirit of the statement and you should distribute this widely, not
> only to the (under-visited) ALAC discussion forum. With regard to
> ALAC/NCUC cooperation this is fine and can help to create some
> synergies but does not repair the generic defect. While I support the
> spirit of Part 3 of the ALAC statement to the Strategic Plan, I
> encourage you as the ALAC Chair to go beyond some vague and defensive
> observations and questions and put forward some clear language for
> revised ICANN bylaws.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS